Tuesday 17 May 2011

Gyrocopters!

I remember the excitement of buying these. They were a great addition to my army even though I only ever painted one of them. A friend at the time decided to help me out by painting one of the others pink - there are a few remnants left after initial cleaning so I'll have another go. I only have one of the flying bases, but they should be easy to pick up.

I can't remember if I had the third set of rotors or if I've lost them during cleaning. I will look! If they're gone, I suppose someone could use gyrocopter #3 for "spares or repair".

Here's the Stuff of Legends page. I'm pretty sure these were the first dwarf gyrocopters, and it looks like there have been various newer variants - the current (supposedly "rare") model is here. I know I'm biased but I prefer the "Battle of Britain" look to these mk1 gyrocopters, the pilots in particular!



No comments:

Post a Comment