Monday 2 May 2011

Some more unknowns

I think I've identified all of the miniatures now apart from "Bill the Pony" and the figures in this post. I've decided to photograph them painted for now a) to get them up here and b) because no matter how awful my adolescent painting skills (and those of my friends) it will be good to have a record of what I did. I will clean them all though.

First of all there is a human with the label "Washer woman". The back seems to show 1985 in Roman numerals.


Next up are 3 halflings. I'm not sure if the one in the grey cloak ever had a tab for a slot and it broke or if he came like that. I'm not even sure if he's a GW figure.






 
There are 2 elves. The first is quite modern, labelled "Wort Keeper" and I suspect I could find him given enough time. The second is clearly labelled "Legolas", but doesn't look like any of the figures I've seen in catalogues as part of GW's LOTR ranges. The back of the tab shows a date in Roman numerals but it's hard to make out. It looks like MCMLXX, but that's too early - I think the final characters have been lost.




Anyone who can identify these figures is invited to let me know in the comments or by email (link on the right).

4 comments:

  1. The 2 figures at the bottom are an Elven beastmaster which would have been supplied with hounds or big cats originally I think, it probably says wolf keeper or similar on the slotta, the second figure with the bow IS Legolas from the Citadel Merp range but this version was only sold as part of the boxed set not the blister packs so is a little rarer - this is the boxed set

    http://www.solegends.com/citlotr/bme1fellowshipc3.jpg

    The other figures in it especially the halflings are also worth a bit more than the blister pack ones If you bought the set, Bill the Pony which you posted below is also from this set.

    Lots of these figures you have listed are worth a fair bit - £7 to £10 each, you will find a lot of people collect them from all over the world now, especially Spain, France and Germany and the international ebay members will bid the most so I would suggest that you offer international postage. If you sell the figures individually rather than in lots you will see more return as well as often people are only looking for one to complete something, this also goes for boxed sets, more return by breaking them into individuals - also a good idea to link to the solegends catalgue entry to show people it is genuine Citadel.

    Good Luck mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had another look for you, the washer woman is from the townsfolk range made for WFRP which is now defunct (WFRP went under in 1992 with Flame publications to whom it had been sold) they had little characters in the range for every role needed, if memory serves they were in packs of 3 or 4 so you may have more?

    An idler for example may be of more worth just because it can be put to use in someones game.

    Here is your figure bottom left.

    http://www.solegends.org/citc46/c46-1985late/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Richard - fantastic! That LOTR link helped me identify Gimli (from the same set) and Thorin (from The Hobbit "Personalities Pack" here - http://www.solegends.com/citlotr/me82thehobbit.jpg).

    I really appreciate the help and advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No probs, if you have any difficulties identifying your figures this is a great group to join on Yahoo, post a pic there and it will be id'd for you, lots of collectors there too.

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CollectingCitadelMiniatures/

    ReplyDelete