Friday 6 May 2011

My Hall of Shame

There are a few miniatures in my collection that haven't stood the test of time. My fault. I never treated them very well as they were played with and carried about in boxes and stuff, then left to fester for 20 years. So here's my hall of shame. I guess some people may want them if only to adapt or in one or two cases because I think they're relatively rare...

An imperial dwarf bolt thrower (1987) with the arrow head missing. I have a full crew for this one and another (undamaged) bolt thrower with its own crew. By 1989 there was a new model of bolt thrower.

A female halfling who should have a broom, known in the catalogue as "Slackjaw".

Tom Bombadil carrying lilies for his lady, but sadly he is no longer carrying his hat. I don't think I've seen this one much at all. He is from a blister pack from the mid eighties (SOL Link).

A Norse dwarf (top row) with no tab, but otherwise fine (I think I was going to make some kind of diorama with him in).

A young forest dragon. I remember buying this when really I wanted one of the much bigger boxed dragons, but there was no way I could afford one. Still, I obviously got a lot of use out of it since I managed to break the end of its tail off (and the horns look a bit "short" as well). Oh well.




Unnamed dwarf with no weapon. This chap must have had an axe or a sword. I haven't found him on Stuff of Legends yet, but he won't be much use without a bit of work...






If you've got any ideas about the final miniature here, or any comments about the value of broken miniatures, I'd love to hear about it either in the comments or via email (link on the right).

No comments:

Post a Comment