Saturday 21 May 2011

Prince Ulther's Dragon Company

This came in a really nice box, with a whole backstory. It was one of the "Regiments of Renown". You can see a really nicely painted unit, read the story from the back of the box and see the stats for the characters at Stuff of Legends.

There are 15 troopers (which seem to be a variation on 2 or 3 themes) with Prince Ulther, a champion, musician and standard bearer. The latter is the only one I painted properly (and I'm quite proud of, sadly). All the others I seem to remember not painting properly at all but basically slapping a bit of red paint on the tunics, brown on the gloves and giving them a dark grey wash just so I could use them in a battle!

Along with Bugmans Rangers (which I gave away) this was my favourite unit, and at the time I bought it a serious  investment!



There are some more images below, starting with the troopers after they were cleaned up!










No comments:

Post a Comment