Sunday 22 May 2011

Micellaneous dwarves - the end of the journey

These are the last 4 miniatures to be photographed and listed; my trip down memory lane is nearly at an end and - after a short battle with Dettol and Fairy power spray - I'll be ready list them for sale on Ebay.

The chap with the axe is number 10 on here. (Coincidentally, the Troll Slayer listed elsewhere as a Norse dwarf is on the same page).



Number 13 here is the adventurer with his palm up. There are a few others on this page that are listed elsewhere, like the wizards (no's 2 & 26) and the spearman/dwarf (no. 16)


Sword 5 here.







And finally... the Norse dwarf is "Axe 9" here.








If there's one thing I've realised whilst browsing the Citadel Catalogues of the 1980s and early 90s, miniatures were often recycled in different sets or with different names over the years. Whenever I've referenced a figure on Stuff of Legends there were usually other catalogues I could have used. Equally, I'm sure the sculpting and casting process led to miniatures sharing features and just having certain different features.

It's been fascinating - I now know a lot more than I did when I actually collected these as a teenager. Having said all that, I certainly harbour no desire to get the paint out and try again, so in the next few days I'll be preparing the whole lot for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment